|ttention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Emotional Disturbance, and Behavioral Disorders|
As you can see from the interactivity above you are likely to work with a child who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), an Emotional Disorder (ED), or a Behavioral Disorders (BD). Understanding these different types of exceptionalities and how to support children with them will be a crucial part of your work.
To prepare for this discussion,
- Please refer to the Week Four Guidance for further tips and examples that will support your success on this discussion.
- Read Chapter 4: Children with Emotional Disturbance or Behavioral Disorder.
- Read Chapter 5: Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
In your post,
- Describe the unique educational needs that you will need to anticipate in order to create an inclusive environment for children with ADHD, ED and BD.
- Explain at least three strategies that you will use to support children with ADHD, ED, and BD. You can pull a strategy from the Week Three discussions, your course text, or another scholarly source.
- Summarize how the strategies you have shared align with your philosophy of inclusion.