|Benchmark – Data Informs Instruction|
Diving deeply into understanding students’ data allows reading/literacy specialists to comprehend how it is used to inform instruction. The data ultimately drives the instruction. It is the reading specialist’s responsibility to ensure all teachers on campus are aware of the importance of data and its relationship to instruction.
Create a 12-15 slide digital presentation that can be utilized as a professional development presentation. Use the assessment you administered in Topic 3 as the basis for your presentation.
Your presentation should:
- Provide a rationale for the assessment you used.
- Describe purposes and attributes of literacy and language assessment.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of the assessment.
- Discuss the reliability, validity, and bias of the assessment.
- Describe how educators can collaborate to interpret and use assessment data for decision making regarding instruction and intervention.
- Describe how educators communicate with families to meet the developmental needs of all students.
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter notes.
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.
The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies [and professional standards]:
MA Reading Elementary Ed & MA Reading- Secondary EdSlide 1 of 1