LO 1.1 Demonstrate a solid understanding of prominent theories of ethics and morality.
L.O 1.6 Describe a comprehensive framework for analyzing and resolving ethical issues and dilemmas in an organization.
Open the SEU home page, Login with SEU credentials, go to SDL search for the Article Entitled “Pinto Fires and Personal Ethics: A Script Analysis of Missed Opportunities by Dennis A.Cioia”published in Journal of Business Ethics. 11: 379-389, 199. 1992 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed in the Netherlands.
Read the article and answer the questions
Put yourself in the role of the recall coordinator for Ford Motor Co. It’s 1973, and ﬁeld reports have been coming in about rear-end collisions, ﬁres, and fatalities. You must decide whether to recall the automobile. What will you decide?
1. Identify the relevant facts, pertinent ethical issues, and points of ethical conﬂict. (1.25 Marks)
2. Identify the relevant affected parties, the possible consequences of alternative courses of action. (1.25 Marks)
3. Identify relevant obligations, the relevant community standards that should guide you as a person of integrity, and Check your gut. (2.5 Marks)
Guidelines for the assignment:
- This is an individual assignment, which is part of your course score. It requires effort and critical thinking.
- Use font Times New Roman. Use 1.5 or double line spacing with left Justify all paragraphs.
- Use the footer function to insert the page number.
- Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project.
- Your project report length should be between 400 to 500 words.
- APA reference system https://student.unsw.edu.au/apa
- About plagiarism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
Grading Criteria – Rubric for Assignment
|Students must identify relevant facts, pertinent ethical issues, and points of ethical conﬂict.(25 % Score)||Relevant facts, pertinent ethical issues, and points of ethical conﬂict are well explained.(1.25 Marks)||Any two parts are identified and explained.(1 Mark)||Only one part is identified and explained.(0.75 Marks)|
|Identify the relevant affected parties, the possible consequences of alternative courses of action.(25 % Score)||The affected parties, the possible consequences are well explained.(1.25 Marks)||Either the affected parties or the alternative consequences are well explained.(1 Mark)||Relevant affected parties are not identified and the alternatives are not clear.(0 Marks)|
|The obligations, community standards, and Check your gut.(50 % Score)||The consequences are explained following the decision.(2.5 Marks)||Any two aspects are explained.(1.25 Marks)||Any one of the aspects is explained.(0.75 Mark)|