Consider yourself as Global Manager Marketing for one of the following companies:
www.walmart.com, www.target.com, www.macys.com, www.zappos.com, www.etsy.com, www.costco.com, www.6pm.com online merchandiser. At present the company you’ll choose is doing business in the USA and wants to enter in gulf region online market.
[You can discuss other options with your instructors].
Develop a detail strategy on the following:
- Explain how you will implement the virtual management?
- How you will manage the teams in both areas which is culturally, politically, and economically different?
- How the virtual teams will work together?
- What tools are they using?
- What are the advantages of using virtual management?
- What are some disadvantages they have and how they can overcome them?
- Explain how you will manage meetings between the teams in US and gulf in terms of time, place and language?
- As a manager how you will manage the outsourced projects?
- How would you solve a problem between two virtual workers?
- What is your advice to the team for improvement?
Remember gulf countries are well positioned to experience the eCommerce expansion due to their high internet penetration and the fast-growing number of tablets, smartphones, and computers. Moreover, the market potential in the Gulf countries is attracting a growing number of online business players which make it a very competitor market.
Project report structure:
- Title Page: the name of the institution, the title of the report, the name of the author and then add the date.
- Abstract: Brief summary of your work.
§ Table of contents:
- Introduction: Background or introduction to state what the report is about. You have to give the reader an overview of the whole report.
- Main Body of the report: Include your main work. [End of Week 11]
- References: Use APA style.
- Presentation: You have to prepare for the presentation include your project summary and description. [Week 12, 13 and 14] (follow your instructor’s instructions).
|Project Parts||Due date||Marks|
|Written part||End of Week 11||10 marks|
|Presentation||Week 12,13 and14||5 marks|
- http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studentservices/documents/planning-and-preparing-to- write-assignments.pdf
- APA reference system https://student.unsw.edu.au/apa
- About plagiarism http://wts.indiana.edu/pamphlets/plagiarism.shtml
- About plagiarism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
Guidelines for the project assignment:
- This is an individual project, which is part from your course score. It requires effort and critical thinking.
- Use font Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial.
- Use 1.5 or double line spacing with left Justify all paragraphs.
- Use the footer function to insert page number.
- Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project.
- Your project report length should be between 1200 to 1600 words.
- 10 Marks for the written project.
- 5 Marks for the presentation.