1. Good communication skills are essential skills for both our daily and professional lives. In your point of view, what are the characteristics of a good communicator that managers looking for? and what values can businesses receive from hiring people with good communication skills? (Marks: 2.5)
2. Evaluate your communication skills, sort out your strengths and weaknesses. Describe one of your weaknesses, how it prevents you from being a good communicator? How do you plan to work on that weakness before you look for a job? (Marks: 2.5)
3. Write a sample Letter/ Message taking into your consideration the following points: (Marks:5)
a) The purpose of your writing.
b) The audience
c) The structure of your writing (outline)
d) The clarity of your writing (details and example)
e) The three important writing decisions (tone/ word selection/ length)
- All students must use their own word.
- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- Citing of references is also necessary in APA style.
- Your answers MUST include at least 1 outside references (other than the slides and textbook)
- Using references from SDL will be highly valued.
- Articulate what communication is and how it functions in organizations.
- Identify which message is appropriate for a specific audience, and successfully complete the message.
- Identify the importance of giving details while writing a message taking into consideration the three decisions points when writing (Tone, word selection and length)