Chapter 6– discussion question #1-5 & exercise 4
When submitting work, be sure to include an APA cover page and include at least two APA formatted references (and APA in-text citations) to support the work this week.
All work must be original (not copied from any source).
- What is deep learning? What can deep learning do that traditional machine-learning methods cannot?
- List and briefly explain different learning paradigms/ methods in AI.
- What is representation learning, and how does it relate to machine learning and deep learning?
- List and briefly describe the most commonly used ANN activation functions.
- What is MLP, and how does it work? Explain the function of summation and activation weights in MLP-type ANN.
4. Cognitivecomputinghasbecomeapopulartermtodefine and characterize the extent of the ability of machines/ computers to show “intelligent” behavior. Thanks to IBM Watson and its success on Jeopardy!, cognitive comput- ing and cognitive analytics are now part of many real- world intelligent systems. In this exercise, identify at least three application cases where cognitive computing was used to solve complex real-world problems. Summarize your findings in a professionally organized report.