“The Role of MNCs in International Business” Please respond to the following:
- Examine two (2) current trends in international business discussed in the text. Compare and contrast the chosen trends in terms of their suspected catalyst, their impact on their global economy, and their anticipated duration.
- From the e-Activity, analyze the potential benefit of McDonald’s global expansion to Vietnam. Predict key ways in which the new local brand of the McPork line of burgers may provide an advantage over other similar MNCs throughout Asia. Support your response with specific examples of such potential advantages for McDonald’s.
“The Role of Technology on MNCs” Please respond to the following:
- Specify the fundamental manner in which the technological environment discussed in the text is compelling MNCs to explore outsourcing and offshoring opportunities. Provide at least two (2) examples of such exploration to support your response.
- Examine the primary manner in which the emergence of technology may result in greater integration and dependencies among economies, political systems, and financial markets. Formulate at least two (2) examples of such results to support your response.
“The Role of Culture on International Business” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine you work for a U.S. based organization that is considering expansion into Saudi Arabia. Examine the different methods for assessing the cultural context of a society, such as Hofstede, Trompenaar, and others discussed in this week’s reading, and determine the method that you believe would be the most effective for your organization to apply. Justify your response.
- From the e-Activity, compare and contrast Renault’s and Nissan’s overall cultural environments. Specify key strategies that an auto company such as Renault-Nissan could use in order to transcend national culture and still operate across boundaries with the full integration of functions and with global economies of scale.
“Cross-Cultural Negotiations” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the main manner in which culture and communication may affect the negotiation process. Propose your own best practice for accommodating multiculturalism when negotiating internationally. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the e-Activity, compare and contrast two (2) international regions or countries with respect to their different culture-specific characteristics, as well as their negotiation styles and tactics. Recommend the best method(s) to overcome potential barriers in order for successful negotiations to occur. Provide at least one (1) example that illustrates the effectiveness of your suggested method(s).
“International Management Strategies” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, explore the significant differences between the two (2) selected companies, specifically those differences that allowed one (1) company to be globalized immediately (i.e., “born global”), while the other required significant growth (i.e., expanded from domestic to global operations). Provide specific examples of each company’s business strategies to support your answer.
- From the first and second e-Activities, compare Walmart’s international strategy to the two (2) previously selected companies that you researched for Part 1 of this discussion. Differentiate between each of the international strategies that each company has applied, and examine at least one (1) implication of each strategy relative to global recognition. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Entry Strategies of MNCs” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, compare and contrast the entry strategy and organizational structure of each selected MNC. Examine the degree to which organizational characteristics such as formalization, specialization, and centralization influence each MNC’s organizational structure and functions.
- From the e-Activity, analyze the different strategies that each MNC uses in order to mitigate political risks within its chosen foreign market. Assess the effectiveness of the integrative, protective, and defensive techniques that each MNC uses in an attempt to protect itself from government interference. Support your response with at least two (2) examples of such techniques.