The following questions require critical thinking to be answered successfully. The answers to these questions will drive the ways of improvement of the current e-commerce business.
- Know the business 3.5 marks
- Explain the design of the system 1.5 marks
- What is the business? (your choice)
- What is the idea? (the visioning process)
- Introduce the e-commerce business you have chosen.
- Provide an overview of the business idea
- Product and type of services.
- What are the different types of products? Explain
- What kinds of services does the online store provide? [ customer service, exchange and return, delivery, and payment options] Explain
- Business statement.
- Business vision.
- Business objective.
- Where is the money?
- What is the company’s business model?
- What is the revenue model? Give a general idea of how the business generates revenues
- Who and where is the target audience? Explain demographics, lifestyle, consumption patterns, etc.
- Characterize the marketplace.
- Size, growth, demographics, structure, competition
- Research the market and give an idea about each point
- Describe the content of the business website
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for the business (Explain each point)
- At least three points for each
- Develop an e-commerce presence map.
- (For example: website, email … etc.)
- What activities does the company use these platforms for? (E.g. marketing, customer service, news…etc.)
- Explain in detail the design of the system (business objectives, system functionality, information provided)
|Business Objective||System Functionality||Information provided|
|Ex: Display goods||Digital Catalog||Dynamic text and graphics catalog|
- What can be improved or added into the system design?