For this assignment, you will choose two topics from the list below. One topic will be from the global economic environment list and one from the trade environment list. For each topic, find a scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article from the Ashford University Library. The article should examine the topic in relation to global marketing.
Global economic environment topics:
- Major changes of the world economy in the past twenty years (discussing one major change is enough)
- Economic systems (you may choose to discuss one or multiple systems)
- Market development stages (discussing one category is enough)
- Merchandise trade and service trade
Global trade environment topics:
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Preferential trade agreements (discussing one category is enough)
- Trade characteristics in Latin America
- Trade characteristics in the Asia-Pacific region
- Trade characteristics in the Middle East
- Marketing issues in Africa
Before you begin writing, review the following five resources to help you prepare:
- BUS622 Library Research Tips (Links to an external site.) video
- Review the entire video and acknowledge completion at the end of the video by Day 7.
- Advanced Search Techniques (Links to an external site.) guide
- FindIt@AU, EBSCOhost, and ProQuest are good starting points for your search. It is also highly recommended that you search through the specialized journals in economics and trade.
- Do not forget to consult the Company & Industry Research: Start Here (Links to an external site.) page in the Ashford University Library for further search tips and ideas.
- Business Insights: Global (Links to an external site.) tip sheet
- This guide will help you to access and navigate the Business Insights: Global database to assist you with your research.
- Getting Started with Mergent (Links to an external site.) tip sheet
- This guide will help you to access and navigate the Mergent database to assist you with your research.
- Ashford Writing Center Graduate Writing (Links to an external site.) tips
- Visit the Ashford Writing Center to review the various guides and samples to support you with your writing.
In your paper,
- Write a half a page summary of the article you used for each of the topics.
- Each summary must include an introduction, a well-developed body, and a conclusion.
- In the introduction of each summary, identify the article used. Use APA style when Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.).
- Discuss how each of the topics that you selected can relate to one or some aspects of global marketing as you learned in Chapter 1 of your text (e.g., global marketing and opportunities or threats, marketing mix, competitive advantage, firm’s value chain, management orientations, etc.).
- Explain how one or more of those aspects are affected by the economic and the trade environments (one page).
- Summarize the contents of your paper in an executive summary.
- You may review the Writing an Executive Summary (Links to an external site.) resource.
The work must be submitted as one paper that is five and half pages in length:
- Title page (one page)
- Executive summary page (half a page to one page)
- Summary of each article (one page)
- First topic (half a page)
- Second topic (half a page)
- Analysis on the topic (two pages)
- First topic (one page)
- Second topic (one page)
- Reference page (one page)
The Global Marketing and Trade Environments paper
- Must be three and a half double-spaced written pages in length for a total of five and a half pages for this assignment (one title page and one page for references). Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of page
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources for each environment topic in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.