|Graphic Organizer Assessments|
Reading/Literacy specialists need to be able to evaluate the overall purpose and integrity of reading assessments by collecting baseline data regarding the assessment. The proper reading assessment selection allows the reading/literacy specialist to make solid inferences about students’ needs and strengths based on the data collected.
Select four reading assessments from your specified grade range K-8 or 6-12.
Create a matrix in which you compare and contrast the reading assessments. Include the following in your matrix:
- Name of assessment
- Type of assessment
- Purpose of the assessment
- Strengths of the assessment
- Limitations of the assessment
- When and how frequently the assessment is administered
- Who administers the assessment
- How data generated from this assessment can be used to make instructional decisions at the specified grade range
Support your matrix with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.