Reflect: When considering a research topic, consider an interesting topic that is worth further research. For instance, having a strong opinion on a specific topic may deter you from thinking more critically, and therefore the research might end up being one-sided. It is a good idea to pick a topic in which you can provide a good argument for both sides of the societal issue.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
- Identify a global societal issue from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week 5 Final Paper:
- Climate change
- Religious conflict and violence
- Rise of artificial intelligence
- Lack of education
- Unemployment and lack of economic opportunity
- Government accountability and corruption
- Food and water security
- International drug trafficking
- Poverty and income inequality
- Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the topics to further research for your Final Paper.
- Explain three ways you can critically analyze sources to determine if they are scholarly.
- Summarize information from at least two scholarly journal articles from the Ashford University Library that will support your claims for your chosen topic.
- Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
- Download and attach a PDF copy of one of the peer-reviewed scholarly articles that you found from the Ashford University Library to your answer using the “Attach” function located below your response.