Case Study Weight: 10 Marks
Students are supposed to read the Opening Case of Chapter-3 ‘Innovation in India: The Chotukool Project’ (Page Number-43) of their e-textbook. Based on your understanding of the case and concepts studied until now answer the following question in 300-500 words each.
- What were the pros and cons of attempting to develop a refrigerator for India’s rural poor? (2 marks)
- What product and process innovations did the Chotukool entail? Would you consider these incremental or radical? Architectural or Component Competence enhancing or competence destroying? (2 marks)
- Did the Chotukool pose a threat of disrupting the traditional refrigerator market? Why or why not? (2 marks)
- Is there anything you think Godrej should have done differently to penetrate the market of rural poor families in India? (2 marks)
- What other products might the lessons Godrej learned which chotukool apply to? (2 marks)
Note: It is mandatory to support each answer with at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal.
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- Be three to five pages in length (1000-1500words), which does not include the title page, abstract or required reference page, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Use proper referencing (APA style) to reference, other styles will not be accepted.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading and review the grading rubric to understand how you will be graded for this assignment.