Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 8 and 9 of the textbook.
You have been hired as a marketing consultant in your company, or a company or public service organization of your choosing. The organization is asking you to identify a sample population to determine the demand for a product or service they are planning to offer. You will need to provide an unbiased sample survey that best represents the population.
In your post,
- State the organization’s industry or purpose.
- Identify the product or services selected for conducting the survey.
- State the problem that the product or service will solve.
- Explain what the organization wants to learn about the product or services from the survey.
- Explain how and where you determined your sample population and why your sample choice will get you the data you need.
- Determine a sample size that will adequately represent the population for your example and how you determined this is an adequate sample size in your survey.
Guided Response: Your initial response should be a minimum of 300 words in length. Review and respond to two of your peers’ sample selections. Propose an alternative sample choice with justification, special circumstances, or issues that may need attention in your peer’s sample. Note that this discussion is reinforcing the fact that you can get many different samples from the same population.