Research fuels innovation and efforts to increase outcome in multiple professional fields. Every professional field thrives on research and innovation. In order to establish a solid understanding of a field of study, professionals benefit from understanding the foundations of research and how research applies to practical applications in that field.
During this course, you will conduct an action research study. According to the text, successful action research follows a standard four stage process:
- Clarifying vision and targets
- Articulating theory
- Collecting data and implementing action and
- Reflecting on data and planning informed action (Sagor, 2017).
This assignment will provide a foundation for understanding the research process used throughout the course.
For this assignment, select two areas of research and identify a specific topic or focus for each area to investigate in your current or future professional practice.
Complete a 150-250 word rationale for each area of research and include the following:
- Why you selected the area of research and topics to investigate.
- The research approach you believe has the greatest potential for achieving your goals.
- How your research will contribute to student success and educator.
In addition, write a 150-250 word summary of the four stages of the action research process, including a definition of the theory of action. The 4 stages are:Phase 1: Planning Phase, 2 Action Phase, Phase 3 Analysis, Phase 4: Conclusion
Support your summary with the textbook and 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success