Oil Spill Bioremediation Laboratory
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]
This lab will enable you to simulate the bioremediation of a marine oil spill.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). On the “Lab Worksheet,” answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section. Finally, transfer all of your answers and visual elements from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report.” You will submit both the “Lab Report” and the “Lab Worksheet” to Waypoint.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Read the Oil Spill Bioremediation Investigation Manual and review The Scientific Method Links to an external site.presentation video.
- Complete Activity 1 using materials in your kit, augmented by additional materials that you will supply. Photograph the setup following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Complete all parts of the Week 5 Lab Worksheet and answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section.
- Transfer your responses to the lab questions and data tables and your photos from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report” by downloading the Lab Report Template in the classroom.
- Submit your completed “Lab Report” and “Lab Worksheet” via Waypoint