Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
For our final week, please go back and look at the objectives for this course as outlined in the syllabus. Now, discuss your efforts and progress in meeting these objectives. Answer the following questions:
- What assignments, lectures, or discussions have been most meaningful to you in understanding the definitions and purposes of rhetoric?
- What assignments have helped you the most in finding and using sources?
- What assignments have been the most challenging?
- What does it mean to “be rhetorical”? Review the definition you wrote initially in the W1 discussion.
- Has your understanding of rhetoric changed during the last eight weeks? If so, how?
Understand that mastering writing is an ongoing process and is something every writer works on for the rest of his or her life. You don’t have to feel you’ve mastered it all now or even made tremendous strides (though it’s great if you have). However, an honest self-appraisal can show how far you’ve come and what areas to focus on, going forward.