- This Assignment consists of a Mini Case.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will able to understand the
LO 1. Identify and explain the concept of management, functions, roles and skills of a manager (Lo1.1)
LO 2. Recognize the functions of planning, organizing and controlling and how they interrelate (Lo2.1)
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- Student must apply “Times New Roman Font” with double space within their reports.
- The attached cover-page has to be used, duly filled. Submissions without the cover page will NOT be accepted
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- Assignment -1 should be submitted on or before the end of Week-06.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
Please go to Chapter 1 “The Exceptional Manager” available in your textbook Management: A Practical Approach 7th edition by Kinicki, A., & Williams, B., at the end of the Chapter read Case: “Target CEO Works to Regain Consumer Trust after the Company was Hacked.” and answer the following questions:
- Assignment Questions:
Q1. From a management perspective, do you think Target made any major mistakes? Explain.
Q2. Which of the four principal managerial functions were exhibited by CEO Greg Steinhafel?
Q3. Which of the seven managerial challenges discussed in this chapter is Target facing? How are they handling these challenges?
Q4. What is your evaluation of Steinhafel’s ability to effectively execute the three key managerial roles—interpersonal, informational, and decisional? Explain.