You work in a family center that is part of a large hospital system with a catchment area that covers three counties. In the course of your usual work, you note that there has been an increased rate of childhood communicable diseases in your community and a decrease in immunization rates. You want to convince your employer to start a program to increase vaccination rates in the community that you serve.
• How would you justify such a program?
• How would you determine the feasibility of the program?
• Who are the stakeholders?
• How would you create the structure of the program?
• Identify the program outcomes.
• Using the “SMART” method, write short-term, intermediate, and long-term objectives for the program.
• How might you use the PRECEDE–PROCEED Model to plan, implement, and evaluate the program?
• How will you market the program?